Vista Service Pack 2 Commercial Airing
- Comments: 3
- Written on: June 17th, 2009
A few weeks ago I posted about a special offer we put together to help get Vista’s Service Pack 2 safely installed on computers before it is force-fed to our customers via automatic update on June 30th. The response was pretty good, and we were turning around most of the installs (even the problem children) in less than a day.
We cut a new commercial that is running on local Lincoln television to promote the offer as well. Take a look:
Important Vista Service Pack 2 Installation Instructions
- Comments: 7
- Written on: May 26th, 2009
Before you get blind sided by a huge automatic update next week, you should know that Microsoft’s latest major update will not install on your computer without some additional preparation.
This morning Microsoft released Vista Service Pack 2 for manual download. It should start automatically downloading to your PC within the next 10 days. You need to prepare your computer for this BEFORE it happens.
If you do not do these things, your computer will not be able to successfully install Vista Service Pack 2.
BEFORE you allow Service Pack 2 to install you must do the following:
* Install Windows Vista Service Pack 1. You can’t install Service Pack 2 without first installing SP1. If you try, the installation will fail and could damage your Windows Vista installation.
* Install the Microsoft Servicing Stack Update. This is the most complicated Service Pack that Microsoft has ever released. For it to even install properly a patch has to be downloaded and installed first!
* Backup your data. If something goes wrong during the installation process, you don’t want to lose everything.