Schrock Innovations Selected as a Google Favorite Place

• Written on: January 4th, 2010

Google Favorite PlacesSchrock Innovations received a letter last week that our Lincoln Service Center has been selected as one of 100,000 “Favorite Places” on Google.

The selection was based on how many people have sought out information about Schrock Innovations on Google.  That information includes reviews, requests for driving directions, and general search data.

Contained within the letter was a window decal for our Service Center as well as some statistics about how local Lincoln, Nebraska Google users were seeking out Schrock Innovations over the past 6 months:

• An average of 14 people a month request driving directions to Schrock Innovations (pretty nice considering we are on one of the busiest intersections in Lincoln)
  • There were 942 requests for specific information about Schrock Innovations (coupons, reviews, etc.)
  • The majority of users who look into Schrock Innovations are looking for computer repair services

Gooogle Favorite Places is a sub component of Google Local Business Center.  I was unaware of this program until Google contacted us to let us know we had been selected.

If your business has not been selected, you can apply for consideration by signing up for and completing an entry in Google Local Business Center.

1. Laptop Briefcase said on January 5th, 2010 at 1:50 pm

Congrats on the recognition from Google. I guess being in the tech sector helped achieve this selection. I had not heard of Google Favorite Places, but I would think it would help send a bit of extra business your way.

2. Jacques | Web Development said on January 6th, 2010 at 8:27 am

Hahahahah! Excellent! It just goes to show that Google can even teach old dogs new tricks! I wonder if there is one single person on this planet that actually knows exactly what all the little tricks are that Google are hiding up their sleeves. Congratulations on this accolade nevertheless, Thor!

3. used tires said on January 7th, 2010 at 4:50 am

That;s pretty awesome Thor! Thats a great achievement, I am positive you must of been thrilled when you received the letter, I know I would have been 😀

4. emergency cash said on January 8th, 2010 at 8:36 am

5. cordless tablets said on January 11th, 2010 at 5:57 am

Schrock seems to be interesting new tool. Every time Google puts something new I’m becoming to wonder – will it really be something good and useful or just a piece of technological crap?

6. Nicole Price said on January 12th, 2010 at 10:53 pm

Congratulations. Whenever google recognizes some aspect of any site, it is a satisfactory feeling. Just like when it upgrades too, say on PR! On the other hand, when the downgrade takes place, the reverse takes place.

7. Evden eve nakliye said on January 16th, 2010 at 5:17 pm

8. radyo dinle said on January 21st, 2010 at 8:28 pm

9. Bidet said on January 24th, 2010 at 4:19 pm

Congrats on the recognition, out of all the businesses out there being selected as one of the favorite places is amazing feat. Congrats once again.

10. seo
    seo said on February 2nd, 2010 at 4:25 am

11. Vip Minibüs Kiralama said on August 3rd, 2010 at 1:05 am

Never heard of this. I wonder if Google will use this to improve your search rankings?…

12. turkey toursk said on October 14th, 2010 at 6:44 am