Overnight Prints is Anything but Overnight Printing

• Written on: February 22nd, 2008

I normally don’t make posts calling a company out like this, but Overnight Prints has royally messed up a component of the marketing I was planning on doing at Affiliate Summit West so please bear with me as I work my writhing anger out through my keyboard.

If you are not a big reader and want the short version, check out this video. It pretty much says it all:

We wanted to have some post cards printed up about Top Affiliate Challenge so we could distribute them at Affiliate Summit West in Vegas. Kimberly spent a couple days designing and tweaking them so they were just right.

Overnight Prints did our business cards, and although they arrived nearly a week later than when they were promised, we have received many compliments on them.

I know things go wrong sometimes, and I was willing to chalk up the late business cards to a fluke. We ordered the post cards from their website on 2/20/2008 and paid an outrageous $65 for Next Day Air Saver UPS shipping just to make sure they got here on time.

The cards were supposed to arrive today, so we logged on to our Overnight Prints account and checked the status of our order just to make sure (thank God Kim is thorough). Shockingly, the cards have been printed, but not shipped. We leave for the Summit on Sunday, and today is Friday. We called their customer service line to see what could be done to get them here Next Day Saturday Delivery.

Now, we ship things from California all the time Next Day Saturday delivery. Its nothing new, and we know it costs more and we were prepared to pay. But the Overnight prints operator stunned us when he said that UPS does not ship Saturdays from their warehouse.

WHAT?!? The UPS website clearly shows that Saturday Shipping is available.

Overnight Prints Shipping Complaint

It turns out the only thing we could do was change the shipping address to our hotel in Vegas and HOPE they get there on Monday while there is still a little time to hand them out.

I decided to do some Google searching (I know day late, dollar short) and see what other people are saying about Overnight Prints. Lets just say it is not good.

I was able to find multiple complaints just like mine dating from 2004 to present. This is the email I just sent to Overnight Prints expressing my displeasure with their service and shipping policies:

I found this email address on a blog, and I wanted to email you to let you know how disappointed I am with your turn around time, shipping policies, and customer service.

We ordered business cards for a new company we started, and they arrived a week later that when they were promised. I figured that was a glitch, and being in business I know that can happen to anyone.

So now we have ordered 500 post cards to distribute at Affiliate Summit West in Las Vegas (order #97177934 placed on 2/20/2008). We were given the impression from your website that if we paid for the next day air $65.00 shipping option, we would have our cards by today (Friday).

We checked the website this morning to see that the cards had been printed, but not shipped, which means they will not arrive in time for our trip. We called your customer service line and pleaded with the operator for Saturday shipment – we even offered to pay more for it. The operator told us that UPS does not ship Saturday delivery from your California warehouse.

That is when I started to get mad. We ship things all the time Saturday delivery from San Jose, and a simple check of the UPS website shows that next day Saturday shipping is available from your location. So either the operator didn’t know what they were saying, or ONP just doesn’t want to ship things Saturday delivery.

This is a MAJOR problem for us, and the only thing we could have the operator do is change the shipping address to our hotel in Las Vegas. We will at least have the cards for ½ of the conference.

I understand things happen, but when I Google your company and the word complaint, I see a mile long litany of complaints dating from 2004 to October 2007. I can only assume that late shipping and under delivery are part of your corporate culture, and not a passing problem.

The ONLY reason I am not asking for a refund is that no one else can print these cards before Sunday morning. I am deeply disappointed with your service and will not be ordering from you in the future for anything that is remotely time sensitive.

Like most of the other people online, I don’t expect a reply back. Have you had problems with Overnight Prints? Have you had excellent service from them? I sincerely hope that my experience is unique, but based on what I have read I am not sure how that could possibly be the case.

1. belgesel izle said on December 22nd, 2009 at 5:00 am

Thanks for sharing. Good article.

2. Antalya nakliyat said on December 31st, 2009 at 8:23 am

vernight prints is dumping buckets of cash into reputation management services, but they have not solved the ORIGINAL PROBLEM.

3. radyo dinle said on January 21st, 2010 at 8:24 pm

4. oyun said on January 25th, 2010 at 3:01 pm

I also recently had a less than satisfactory experience with Overnight Prints. My story is a mere inconvenience, not a near-catastrophe like most of the stories here, but it was certainly enough for me to decide to take my business elsewhere and pledge to e-mail their Customer Care Department a copy of every invoice for every order I place with one of their customers for the rest of my life

5. müzik kursu said on January 31st, 2010 at 11:01 am

6. Ron Rogers
    Ron Rogers said on February 3rd, 2010 at 7:42 pm

I, too, made the mistake of ordering through overnight prints. I found out later that “overnight” means that they have sometime in the past worked at night – not that you will receive anything in one day. In fact I never did receive my printing job in spite of continous reassurances by their cust serv reps. Keep away from them!

7. link kısalt said on February 16th, 2010 at 11:18 pm

8. Amy Edward
    Amy Edward said on March 24th, 2010 at 11:55 pm

I have tried them twice for different things and I didn’t like them either time. I gave them a second chance because a lot of people rave about them. Both times I was very

disappointed. I will not ever use them for anything ever again. I know how you feel. I used printfac3 for my save the dates and I couldn’t be happier with them.i love

their color quality and my card is stunning.

9. sell textbook said on April 13th, 2010 at 3:33 pm

LOL, Vista print here I come.

10. flip chart said on April 20th, 2010 at 5:55 am

Sorry, i am too late for comment on this post but, i think in current perspective if you will not provide best services for his business they will not stand in the market.

11. Tasarim said on May 14th, 2010 at 7:17 am

Nice article Thor… Really useful 🙂

12. Sara Jensen said on May 17th, 2010 at 2:35 pm

Wow. I guess that I am finding most of these complaints sort of TAME compared to the running curse words in my head when it comes to me and my order for a client. Man, I have always used local printers but was trying to save money for a non-profit that I do a lot of design for. OH, how I wished I had seen this board! Or at the very least watched this video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daEMSYl3m3E
    Seriously. I had a three part order that was due to ship on May 5th. Then when I checked with the tracking #s it said May 6th, then when I checked again it said May 11th. SAY WHAT? Then it was the 12th 2 of the 3 had arrived, yes the printing was fine but the 3rd one, which completed the set wasnt there. Confused I called AGAIN ( I had called about the shipping already), this was probably the third hour of time I had spent on the phone with them. I was asking where the third one was, this was 4 days ago. Some serious apologies, the assured me that they would ship the last part of the order to the hotel once they printed it. ONCE THEY PRINTED IT? This was weeks later! An order that was submitted and paid for all together! They said that it would arrive on Saturday, sending it overnight. Fine, thanks. Guess what? It didnt arrive! Why was I even confused at this point? Of course they lied! I called today, spoke to someone who was SERIOUSLY rude and talked to me like I was 5 years old. I was really calm at first, then advised her to transfer me to someone else because it was clear that we were not getting along on the phone. When I asked questions or told her why I was upset she would pause for so long I would think that she had disconnected me and I would say “Hello?” and she would say “ARE YOU DONE?” Really? I seriously asked to be transfered over a dozen times, until she did. Guess what? They still hadnt printed it! Amazing! They then told me that they would ship it by noon my time and I would get a UPS # and order confirmation. Guess what? NO! I didnt get it. When I called the direct line of the person that I had last spoken to, because she told me to if I hadnt heard from her by noon, she had someone else pick up. I asked to wait to talk to her, he said that she was busy and said that I had to wait until 3pm my time! I asked to hold just to speak to her and he said “I can either disconnect you or you can wait for a call back” to which I replied “I dont really believe that I will get a call back” and he said “why would I lie to you?”
    Man, seriously. This sucks and has pretty much ruined my day. I pride myself on delivering early work or exactly on time work. If something goes wrong with an order, I do everything I can to fix it. All of this negative customer service is going to bit them in the ass really really soon.
    I am deeply let down by this whole experience.
    Boo Overnightprints!

13. Baba said on June 6th, 2010 at 8:37 am

I never knew about overnight printers before.

14. DC web design said on June 11th, 2010 at 11:15 am

There has never been overnight at all. Btw Vista print sucks big time.

15. Oto Kiralama said on June 18th, 2010 at 8:27 am

Thanks for sharing. I would try this. Good article.

16. Sanalika Hileleri said on June 22nd, 2010 at 2:04 am

I never knew about overnight printers before..

17. klubFM said on June 25th, 2010 at 6:46 am

Well, I could just guess how annoying it could be. I was in the same situation…

18. Sanalika Hileleri said on July 10th, 2010 at 9:22 am

I never knew about overnight printers before…

19. Firstinkjets said on July 19th, 2010 at 8:30 am

I cant believe in this day and age, were customer service is paramount for any business, that companies can behave like this. If i sold my ink cartridges in this fashion I would be out of business in a month

20. Sharon Null-G
    Sharon Null-G said on August 4th, 2010 at 2:56 pm

I am an ‘oldster’, by any stretch. So, when I had my first problem with ONP, I actually went and SAW Brett Heap and, at the time, his girl-friend who was acting as a customer service front-person. They not only assured me they wanted to ‘fix’ their perception problem (problem is shipping, not printing) but offered me a rather nice position to ‘help’ them do that. I took the bait and ‘tried’, only to find the same shoddiness described herein, and more. Bottom line, every move will be monitored and ‘programmed’ for optimum accuracy and cost-effectiveness…..not for any form of customer or employee satisfaction. I left post-haste, realizing these folks were a freight-train, scandel-ridden and headed for personal disasters for all involved….but going to make good money on good products, if they could keep their acceptable % high enough. I feel bad for all who have encountered them…but caution, as others, read and understand the fine print in everything you do…..or YOU will be a victim over and over.

21. cheap college textbooks said on September 23rd, 2010 at 12:34 pm

I have heard a lot of complaints about them myself. I have had to get things rerouted before but never had too much trouble. Most companies will go out of their way in order to have a customer happy.

22. tony keith said on November 30th, 2010 at 2:36 pm

They are horrible. They’re no guarantees at all with company in regards to printing space. They tell you that the photo in the red line will be printed, only to find out in small print, that’s no guarantee. Customer service is horrible. I would make my business cards purchases at a company that has a better guarantee for a great product.

23. san francisco party bus said on February 5th, 2011 at 1:46 pm

They’re no guarantees at all with company in regards to printing space.

24. resumes said on February 9th, 2011 at 3:31 am

Thank you for this video, it was very interesting to watch it! I am going to let peole know about this!

25. Евгений SEO Полищук said on February 16th, 2011 at 2:08 am

Thanks for the recommendation. I might give them a try

26. Dukla said on March 28th, 2011 at 2:11 am

very good article thanks for sharing it online

27. Buy Cycling Jerseys said on May 25th, 2011 at 8:17 am

That sucks man – I hope they reimbursed you the $65 rush shipping fee – w#nkers!!

28. Anvelope vara said on May 31st, 2011 at 2:48 am

This is first time i hear about Overnight Prints. And for sure that video says it all.

29. Kat@ Ways To Work At Home said on August 16th, 2011 at 7:12 pm

Yikes ! Glad I saw this. I typically do research prior to utilizing companies that claim to be speedy, which is how I came upon this post. I was seriously considering putting in an order, with expectations of receiving it ‘overnight’ May not experience the problem you did as I’ll be placing the order mid-week, but still…sheesh.

30. heating repair los angeles said on September 23rd, 2011 at 1:34 am

purchases at a company that has a better guarantee for a great product.I would make my business cards

31. digital wireless headphone said on September 26th, 2011 at 12:22 pm

.I would make my business cards purchases at a company that has a better guarantee for a great product

32. best digital pianos said on September 28th, 2011 at 10:39 am

33. College Textbooks said on October 24th, 2011 at 11:50 am

I had a similar situation happen to me earlier this year. I will never make that mistake again.

34. Carpet Cleaning Franchises said on January 3rd, 2012 at 12:34 am

Its good to know for us, thanks for writing such a nice article for us, hoping to read more from you further.

35. MBA Colleges in Ahmedabad said on July 2nd, 2012 at 4:24 am

I have used them several periods and have only had one problem with them as i desired something easily within 3 periods and ran into a problem with them but they returned the delivery and provided me a credit scores.

36. Promotional T shirts said on August 14th, 2012 at 12:33 am

I also lately had a less than acceptable encounter with Instantaneously Printing. My tale is a simple difficulty, not a near-catastrophe like most of the experiences here, but it was certainly enough for me to choose to take my company elsewhere and commitment to e-mail their Client Health care Division a duplicate of every payment for every purchase I position with one of their clients for the relax of my lifestyle, just to rub in their encounter how much their horrible customer assistance expenses them company.

37. Consumer Complaints - Overnight Prints Mess from thorschrock said on January 22nd, 2010 at 6:07 am

[…] Prints Mess from thorschrock Original Post July 20th, 2009 | Tags: original, post | Category: […]