- Comments: 2
- Written on: March 31st, 2009
Over the past few days there has been a lot of concern about the Conficker virus that is expected to strike on April 1, 2009. Callers to my radio show asked me if they should be concerned, and my answer was pretty straight forward.
If the following describes you, you should be relatively safe from the Conficker virus:
* You have a genuine (not illegal) copy of Windows
* You have up-to-date Antivirus Software from a company like Symantec (not free antivirus from your ISP or Free AVG)
* You are current with your Windows Updates
* You can get to the website www.symantec.com
With that said, there are also important details about this infection that you should know to help keep your friends and relatives safe as well.