Schrock Innovations Airs new “Recruitment” Radio Ad
- Comments: 16
- Written on: February 17th, 2010
Last December I attended a seminar about the various ways radio advertising can be used to accomplish goals other than simple product and service marketing.
One of the speakers spoke about using radio to recruit new employees rather than the newspaper or a recruitment service – especially when you are hiring for key positions.
Why Use Radio to Recruit Employees?
For one thing, it can be less expensive than the newspaper and is definitely less expensive than a recruiting service.
Schrock is hiring a Web Development Director, and it would have cost us over $900 to place a classified ad in the Lincoln Journal Star for that position.
A recruiter would have charged a percentage of the employees annual salary – typically 10% – which would have been up to $4,000 for this position.
Second, using radio allows us to do more than just look for an employee with an ad. It also tells all of the station’s listeners that we are hiring, we pay well, and that working at Schrock is a great experience.
While we are reaching out to potential employees, we are also increasing our brand awareness.
Here is the ad we ran for our Web Development Director position.
What Kind of Employees Do You Find With Radio?
The biggest reason to use radio for recruitment is so simple most HR managers miss it.
When you post an ad on Craigslist, in the classifieds, or on Monster you are advertising to the available pool of unemployed workers – or at best un-loyal workers who are always shopping around.
When you think about it, the people you want to reach are the ones that employers have held on to. These key people have the best skill sets, the highest degree of training, and are competent at what they do.
When you hire from the pool of employed people rather than the pool of unemployed people you get fewer applicants, but the applicants you do get are of a much higher caliber.
So How Much Does a Recruitment Ad Cost?
We ran an ad about 60 times on one local station for about $800. We had one very qualified applicant, currently employed with a competitor, on the first day the ad ran. The ad is still running, so I will post about how it comes out.
Schrock Innovations Seeking
Website Division Director
- Comments: 10
- Written on: February 12th, 2010
Schrock Innovations is seeking a Director for our Website Services Division in our Lincoln, NE Service Center. For the right candidate, this is an opportunity to make a real difference in the way business and non-profit organizations operate every day.
This is a description of what you can expect from the position and what we are looking for in a candidate:
Lincoln’s #1 Computer Repair Company is looking for a charismatic, energetic department supervisor to oversee our Web Development Division.
This position requires excellent customer service skills, a genuine desire to help our clients achieve their business goals, and over-the-top communication skills.
Direct responsibilities for this position include:
* Meet with web development clients and potential clients to identify needs and create plans to meet those needs
* Oversee the progress of our coders and ensure their work is meeting the expectations of our clients
* Customer relationship management tasks
* The development of a monthly client newsletter
* Coding minor HTML updates and image changes on client websites
* Prospecting for potential new clients
* Working with our service providers on any issues that arise
* Provide and maintain an organizational framework for the Web Development Division
A qualified candidate must be able to:
* Work in our Service Center in Lincoln, NE (this is not a telecommute position)
* Maintain a pleasant, professional demeanor at all times
* Understand web design business concepts such as hosting, reserving a domain, etc..
* Develop and skillfully present website proposals for clients and potential clients
* Edit existing HTML code with the assistance of Adobe Dreamweaver CS3
* Do basic image manipulation using Adobe Photoshop CS3 (resize an image, change resolution, etc)
* Work a 45-50 hour work week
Requirements for this Position:
* Applicant must have a valid driver’s license and current insurance
* Applicant must pass a thorough background check
* Experience in coding is a considerable plus, but limited training is also available
* Experience in business management, project management, or a similar field is a plus
* Applicant will be required to fill in on the Front Desk 1-2 days a week
* Applicant may be required to answer phones, assist customers, or perform other assigned duties
* $30,000 to $40,000 annual salary based upon qualifications and experience
* Bonuses based on achieving specific performance goals
* 401K retirement package with employer match
* Employee Assistance Program
* Discounted products and services
Schrock Innovations Hiring in Lincoln, NE
- Comments: 5
- Written on: February 1st, 2009
We are within days of opening our new Service Center and we need another full-time technician to ensure our customers receive the service they expect. You can apply online for the position on the Schrock Innovations Website.
We are looking for a computer technician with insane customer service skills. We understand those combinations are rare, so we are willing to pay accordingly to get the right addition to our staff. The person filling this position will be expected to:
* Work one-on-one with customers in their homes to solve computer problems
* Computer Repair in our Lincoln Service Center
* Help Customers over the phone and through the Schrock Desk
* Assist Walk-in Customers
* Conduct Advanced Data Recovery Procedures on Failed Devices
* Go above and Beyond under all circumstances to ensure our promise of insane customer service
Schrock Innovations is Hiring
- Comments: 1
- Written on: December 17th, 2008
Schrock Innovations is hiring in Lincoln, NE. We are looking for a very special person to head up the administrative side of our operation.