Schrock Innovations Sponsors
Local America Recycles Day Efforts
- Comments: 1
- Written on: October 21st, 2009
Schrock Innovations is sponsoring this year’s Lincoln America Recycles Day Celebration by donating a new $1,300 Modular Computer to one lucky winner.
There are some really great prizes, and you can enter as a business or as an individual.
Here is the release that was sent yesterday:
PUBLIC WORKS AND UTILITIES DEPARTMENT
Recycling Office, 2400 Theresa Street, Lincoln, NE 68521, 441-7043, fax 441-8735
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: October 12, 2009
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Gene Hanlon, Recycling Coordinator, 441-7043
CITY ENCOURAGES PUBLIC TO PARTICIPATE IN AMERICA RECYCLES DAY EVENTS
The City Recycling Office encourages the public to participate in America Recycles Day November 15, an effort to encourage recycling and the purchasing of recycled products. Residents have the opportunity to make a pledge to improve their recycling efforts and to participate in several special events.
“America Recycles Day is an opportunity for people to shape part of the environmental impact they have on our community and the world,” said City Recycling Coordinator Gene Hanlon. “By making a pledge, residents have an opportunity to make a commitment to increase their recycling efforts and help reduce their greenhouse gas emissions.”
Those who fill out a pledge form are entered into a drawing to win prizes, including
- computer system valued at $1,300, donated by Schrock Innovations;
- a six-year curbside recycling subscription, donated by the Lincoln Journal Star, Midwest Refuge, Recycling Enterprises and Star City Recycling;
- $100 gift cards donated by Russ’s Market and Wal-Mart;
- free Panera Bread for one year.
The pledge drive runs through Sunday, November 8. Prizes will be awarded at noon Saturday, November 14 at EcoStores Nebraska, 530 W. “P” St. Pledge boxes are located at Russ’s Markets, Lincoln City Libraries and select recyclers. Pledge forms and more information about America Recycles Day also are available online at lincoln.ne.gov (keyword: ARD).
Several other recycling-related events will take place in Lincoln next month:
- A free tire collection will take place from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday, November 7 and Sunday, November 8 at N.W. 38th Street and West Webster Road. The collection is sponsored by the Emerald Sanitary Improvement District and funded by the Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality.
- EcoStores Nebraska will host a usable latex paint exchange from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday, November 14. Usable paint is free, and $2 is charged for disposal of unusable paint.
- Paper shredding and electronic equipment recycling events are also being planned. Locations, times and fees will be announced at a later date.
- If you liked this post, subscribe to my feed!
- Comments: 1