Schrock Web Division Growth
Required Hosting Move to Rackspace
- Comments: 3
- Written on: July 6th, 2009
Schrock Innovations’ web development division started off in 2001 with just one website – its own. We hooked up with a company in Lincoln called Binary.net that handled hosting for all of the websites we would come to manage flawlessly.
Schrock is a high-service providing company and our web customers expect us to be there when they need us in the capacity that they need us.
Schrock Moves Hosting to Rackspace
To help meet that service expectation, we decided the time to move our hosting infrastructure to another company had arrived. We moved all of our servers to Rackspace Hosting about 4 months ago, and we haven’t looked back since.
Rackspace was voted one of the best Fortune 500 companies to work for in 2008, and I can honestly say I have never had a bad experience dealing with them over the phone or email.
24/7 Digital and Human Access
I own a local business and whenever possible I try to use other local businesses for what Schrock needs. Unfortunately, there isn’t a local hosting company in Nebraska that could do these critical things for Schrock:
- Provide us with control pannel access
- Give us the ability to set up email accounts after hours
- Provide bandwidth usage tracking
- Some SPAM filtering without hours of training a Barracuda filter
Rackspace was not a local solution, but they gave us everything we needed from the above list and did it with a super happy smile for about the same price as Binary.net had in the past.
What the Move Has Meant to our Customers
Whenever you move over 100 websites from one server to another that is running a different O/S you should expect a few setbacks along the way. Brad and Adam did their best to get Schrock customers ready for the move and make it as painless as possible.
Now that we have had everyone up and running for a few months, here are some of the benefits of our move:
- We can be more responsive to the after-hours needs of small businesses
- We can move clients to our server in less than a day
- We can set up email auto-responders for clients on a whim
- We can compartmentalize access to the server so clients can manage their own control panel (if they want to)
Rackspace is HIGHLY recommended
I have no problem HIGHLY recommending Rackspace for your hosting needs. Everyone local told me we would never find what we were looking for, so in that respect Rackspace is a diamond in the rough!
- If you liked this post, subscribe to my feed!
- Comments: 3