Top Organic Pages for 2008 From My Blog
- Comments: 3
- Written on: January 11th, 2009
I was taking a lazy Sunday looking over my Google Analytics data from 2008 to see what kind of posts brought the most organic search traffic.
I dropped the calendar back to January ’08 and did a traffic source search. I was surprised to see what turned up. Here is a list of the top 6 most frequently visited pages on this blog through organic search in 2008:
- iPhone Pros and Cons This one was hardly a surprise. I was a little late on the iPhone bandwagon because AT&T’s wireless coverage in Nebraska leaves a lot to be desired. In this post I reviewed the positives and negatives of owning one of the first-generation iPhones.
- Removing Vista and Installing XP In this post I complained about manufacturers that were releasing notebook computer with no support for Windows XP. It is sometimes possible to get a pick-a-mix bag of drivers from various sources to make a XP run on a Vista notebook, which lead me to compare the process to the Johnny Cash song, “One Piece at a Time.”My computer repair company became pretty well known nation-wide for being able to make the impossible reversion possible, and that is mostly because of this post.
- Overnight Prints This is a testament to the power of using video on a blog. A Google search for overnight prints has this post on the second page of the results. However, my YouTube video about how ticked off I was at Overnight Prints ranks 3rd – just under their corporate links.Overnight prints really hosed me when I needed a product by a deadline for a trade show and even after writing this post and cutting a video they did not make a single attempt to make things right. They don’t really need to I guess, since they also own many of the other high-ranking printing websites.
- Thor Schrock The fact that a search for my own name comes in lower than complaints about Overnight Prints and just above the Mr. Sticky lint roller says more than I ever could.
- Zivio Review I don’t do too many product reviews, but while I was at BlogHer 08 with my wife, Joby was giving away free bluetooth headsets. They had a cool product and it worked nicely, so I figured the least I could do was write a review for them.
- Mr Sticky Lint Roller This just goes to show you that sometimes blogging about obscure products can really bring in some traffic. The Mr. Sticky Lint Roller is a rubberized roller on a stick designed to pick up pet hair and the like off of clothes, floors, and furniture.It wasn’t the best “investment” my wife and I ever made, so Mr. Sticky was formally introduced to Mr. Trash Can. He has never been seen or heard from again, but I still rank first for the search for his name. LOL.
- If you liked this post, subscribe to my feed!
- Comments: 3