Revver.com Schedules Outage to Move to New DataCenter
- Comments: 1
- Written on: May 23rd, 2008
I received an email from Revver.com yesterday announcing they will have a scheduled outage while they move to a new datacenter. After I FREAKED for a second (all Top Affiliate Challenge video auditions are served through Revver.com) I realized we would be done with auditions when they make their move. *WHEW*
Service Interruption Announcement
Dear Revver partner,
This email is an official Revver notice of service outage. We are planning on moving our datacenter and as a result we will have a planned outage of service. We are writing to inform you of this so that you can take the necessary actions on your side to minimize your customer impact.
The outage is split into 3 phases. Most partners will only be affected by the outage in Phase 1, as they have a local store and don’t connect to the API in real-time. Phase 2 will affect anyone that uses our API in real-time and Revver.com will be down as well. Phase 3 shouldn’t affect partners, although there will be a transcoding backlog.
1. Phase One – Media Serving Migration
1. Outage: 8 hours, Sat June 7th, 11am-6pm
2. Affected Services: Media Servers, Upload
2. Phase Two – Website & Database Migration
1. Outage: 5 hours, Thu June 12th, 11pm-3am
2. Affected Services: Website, API, RSS, Widget
3. Phase Three – Remaining Servers Migration
1. Outage: 5 hours, Tue June 17th, 12pm-5pm
2. Affected Services: Transcoding, Development, Staging, Mail
Adam Lee and Jim Kass (contact info below) are available for support and to answer any questions this may create. We are sorry for the inconvenience but please know that this move will allow us to grow our business with you significantly.
The Revver Team
- If you liked this post, subscribe to my feed!
- Comments: 1