New Version of the Maintenance Checkup Home Edition on Track for February Release
- Comments: 3
- Written on: January 23rd, 2007
I have been running our new version of the Maintenance Checkup Home Edition for the past few days on my main PC and aside from taking care of a few false detections, it has been performing pretty nicely – especially for a beta version.
Version 2 of the Home Edition has been in development for almost 2 years. It has been quite a challenge to create an application that has the same ease of use that our 2005 Home Edition did, while at the same time introducing a number of new features including:
- Real-Time Spyware Protection
- The Ability to Exclude Files From Being Detected Locally
- The Introduction of SHA5 Hashes for Spyware Files
- Automatic Program and Definition Updating
- More Advance Hard Drive Cleanup Algorithm
- A Faster Scanning Engine
- A Month-to-Month Subscription Plan
- A Streamlined No-Hassle Renewal Process
- Support for the Visually Impaired
If you have a current subscription to the Home Edition you will automatically receive an update to the new version as soon as it is released, as long as you are running Windows XP or Vista. The new version of the Home Edition will not be available for Windows 2000 or Windows 9X operating systems. Those who have a current subscription and use 2000 or 9x will continue to be supported until the expiration of their subscriptions. After February, renewals for those using 9x or 2000 will no longer be available.
- If you liked this post, subscribe to my feed!
- Comments: 3