How to Keep all of your Third Party Programs up to Date and Defeat Cybercriminals

• Written on: January 11th, 2012

The world we live in is getting more and more dangerous every day (as evidenced by Monday’s post about the latest banking crimeware) so it is important that you take the measures necessary to keep your technology safe.

There are always the basics like keeping your Windows Operating System updated and running good anti-virus software like Norton 360.

However a frequently overlooked aspect of your computers security are the outdated third party programs like Adobe Reader, Flash, iTunes, etc that hackers can use as gateways into your personal information and banking data.

There is a super simple solution called SecureUpdater that takes care of everything for you and there is even a 15-day free trial.

In my weekly omaha Morning Blend appearance I explained how these outdated programs can become a security nightmare for your computer:

Secure Updater is on sale at Schrock Innovations for 50% off the usual price published on their website. Contact any of our Service Centers today and let Secure Updater keep your computers’ back door locked tight.

1. Personalized Letters said on January 15th, 2012 at 4:04 pm

Something to download and buy! thank you!

2. costume jewellery said on January 16th, 2012 at 2:43 am

Cyber criminals don’t use their real name and open accounts leaving their face book picture on the computer while they committed the crime. The criminal would have to be known and found with evidence that it is that person doing it.

3. loans said on January 16th, 2012 at 5:49 am

SecureUpdater, I will check and try it.

4. ZenBid said on January 31st, 2012 at 3:12 pm

I’ve checked out the video and your websites. I like your software
    Regarding banking security, smartphone are the new frontier for hackers and criminal.
    People usually don’t mind about protecting their mobile phone,but recent model are real portable pc!

5. used tires said on February 1st, 2012 at 4:54 am

Good video segment, Thor. It is very important to keep all software updated as well as maintain a good antivirus software. The hackers are always at work and it is constant battle that the software companies have to wage to fix those loopholes.

-Jean

6. cheese of the month club said on February 1st, 2012 at 9:59 am

Thanks Thor, I just read the other article about the bank phishing scheme. I had not seen that yet. Hackers are out there more than ever now, just last week one of my sites got hacked through the sever and the guy had to go out of business. Not sure if it was just that but it was bad. It is more important than ever to keep your security software current and up to date.

7. Catherine said on February 3rd, 2012 at 5:59 am

It is necessary to keep the softwares updated as it may be hacked anytime and also necessary to use anti virus.

8. gold equipment said on February 8th, 2012 at 4:50 am

The video was very interesting and very helpful for me.Thanks for sharing the post.

9. Popular Singapore bars said on February 28th, 2012 at 12:49 am

It is necessary to keep the applications current as it may be compromised at any time and also necessary to use antivirus.

10. Gadget Aziendali said on March 13th, 2012 at 12:58 pm

I use antimalware and antivirus plus a firewall. Will certainly give a try to that software. Security is my greatest concern when I’m online

11. Over 85 Life Insurance said on March 17th, 2012 at 11:10 pm

Can Secure Updater work in enterprise level (corporate environment)? Can I use it to update all my computers in my network with the click of a button?

12. gold equipment said on April 4th, 2012 at 2:25 am