How to Safely Recycle Old Tablets and Phones

• Written on: January 6th, 2012

I was a guest on the Morning Blend this week as part of our weekly Compute This!  TV segment.  On the show the hosts asked me how you can safely dispose of old tablets and computers so your personal data does not get into the hands of criminals.

As we use tablets and phones for online bill paying, banking and more, they are jam packed with personal information that can’t be easily deleted.  Watch the segment below for more information!

1. gold equipment said on January 10th, 2012 at 10:29 pm

Nice Video..informative Video..I really enjoyed this..

2. p90x said on January 11th, 2012 at 5:16 am

Thanks for sharing the video segment Thor. It must be exciting being on television like this. This is important information because I do think that even though some things can seem like they have been deleted from your laptop you can never be too sure.

– Robert

3. Personalized Letters said on January 15th, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Thanks for this information! Now i can safely get rid of some of my old electronics making sure my information will not be reached by someone else.

4. gold equipment said on February 1st, 2012 at 12:55 am

5. Catherine said on February 3rd, 2012 at 5:57 am

I really found useful information on this video. Awaiting for more useful infos like this.

6. used tires said on March 2nd, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Another cool TV appearance, Thor. You’re quite a natural on TV. On the topic, it is definitely a very important one. Many people throw away their computing devices without giving a second thought about the risk of unwanted elements getting access to their discarded data.

-Jean

7. Over 85 Life Insurance said on March 17th, 2012 at 11:14 pm

Nice video shared. Now I know finally the correct way to dispose my tablet. Previously I never bother to do so as I used to think that it is troublesome.

8. gold equipment said on May 16th, 2012 at 5:13 am

thanks for sharing the video segment Thor. It has to be exciting being on television like this. This is important data because I do think that even though some things can seem like they have been deleted from your laptop you can never be too sure.