AMD Zambezi 8-Core Processor Sets World Speed Record

• Written on: October 30th, 2011

The all new AMD 8-core Zambezi processor set a world record for clock speed when a team of engineers over clocked the consumer-grade chip to run at 8.49 GHz!

Of course, they had to cool it with liquid helium. I wouldn’t recommend trying to do that at home, but with eight cores and over 3 GHz of native speed, this chip should meet the needs of the most demanding users for years to come.

1. Pacquiao vs Marquez 3 Fight said on November 1st, 2011 at 4:58 am

Definitely AMD is the most fastest process and I recommend this for gaming purposes but for long run, AMD gradually lower its speed compare to Intel for heavy duty task.

2. used tires said on November 1st, 2011 at 6:15 am

Very impressive. I remember back when I was just as impressed to see the first demos of cooling with liquid nitrogen, which is quite popular now. Maybe in a few years, cooling with liquid helium will become the norm too.

-Jean

3. computer said on November 30th, 2011 at 9:45 am

Good work! I always like to leave comments whenever I see something unusual or impressive. I think we must appreciate those who do something especial. Keep it up, thanks
    HelenĀ Olsson

4. computer said on December 8th, 2011 at 4:59 am

5. Cheese Club said on January 5th, 2012 at 1:51 pm

Wow that is really impressive. As Jean said I remember when cooling with liquid mitrogen was popular, but now liquid helium is going to become the norm.

6. it support said on January 6th, 2012 at 4:26 am

According to AMD, extreme overclocking that involved liquid nitrogen and liquid helium demonstrates that Zambezi microprocessors made using 32nm silicon-on-insulator process technology do not contain so-called cold bug.

7. dunya tv said on September 13th, 2012 at 6:36 am