Your Computer is Vulnerable to the Latest Hack Attack – Unless you Have Norton 360

• Written on: February 1st, 2011

Most computer users try to be safe when they are online.  Many people won’t open emails from people they don’t know.  Some only go to websites they know they can trust.

But if you think you are safe online because you are careful, think again.

Microsoft has announced a new security vulnerability was discovered that allows hackers to install malware on any computer from Windows XP up through Windows 7 and all you have to do is visit a website to infect yourself.

This means that you (and 900 million other people) just became a target and all the hackers have to do is get you tto visit an infected website, deliver an infected ad to your computer, or just wait for you to make one fatal typo in your browser’s address bar.

How Can my Computer be Attacked?

With this specific vulnerability an attacker needs to get your browser to load something from an infected website.  Some possible ways your computer could be infected include:

• You click on a link in an email taking your to the infected website
  • A trusted website displays an advertisement from an infected website
  • You mistakenly type an incorrect URL in your address bar
  • Your visiting crazy Uncle stupidly just goes to the site an infects your computer

Once your computer is attacked it can sit for hours, days or even weeks before exhibiting signs of infection.

What Do I Need to Do to Stay Safe?

It is always a good idea to employ the safe computing practices I listed at the beginning of this article.

The only security software that Schrock Innovations recommends for its customers is Norton 360 because it is literally the only software program that we have installed for our customers that keeps them safe.

In fact, if you are running Norton 360 you don’t have to worry about the vulnerability discussed in this article at all because Norton has already covered it for you.

If you are not running Norton and want to switch to keep your computer safe, Schrock Innovations has Norton 360 on sale through February 6, 2011.

For only $79.99 Schrock will log into your computer over the Schrock Desk remote support service, clean any infections in your computer, install Norton 360 and configure it for only $79.99!

Contact Schrock Innovations to take advantage of this special offer before it runs out!

1. p90x said on February 1st, 2011 at 2:31 pm

lol I love the “crazy uncle going to random sites” made me laugh. I think if you have an uncle or a sister / brother that is going to unknown websites be sure to password protect your computer.

Anyhow sounds like you have a great service you are offering Thor. I haven’t tried Norton 360 yet but have heard some great things. Thanks for sharing.

– Robert

2. Laptop Attache said on February 2nd, 2011 at 12:46 pm

It is scary how easy it is for your computer to get infected with a serious virus. A trusted website can inadvertently display an infected ad. It is not something you can protect yourself from with just manual precautions. You really need a quality antivirus software program protecting your computer. Norton is a solid choice as they have long been the leader in antivirus software.

3. used tires said on February 2nd, 2011 at 6:40 pm

It’s pretty crazy how scary it can be really surfing the net, i know from time to time Im always weary when doing a Google search because you never know when you land on a new site if it will be safe or note, because any site can become infected. I personally use Kaspersky, I love it, but I guess i am not as safe as I thought.

4. Komodo Dragon said on February 5th, 2011 at 5:05 am

Haha, the crazy uncle point is quite valid. Most people aren’t aware of the risks that you mentioned and will probably end up going to risky sites so I am very careful about who I allow to use my computer in the first place. Having a good malware protection software like Norton or any of the other solutions is very important today.

5. vaughan homes for sale said on February 8th, 2011 at 11:41 am

I’m happy that I have fresh copy of Kaspersky Antivirus and a good firewall installed on my pc. I never ever face any problem related virus.I always keep update everything like OS and all my other software.With few careful steps anyone can get rid from it….

6. Jocuri said on February 8th, 2011 at 1:01 pm

Acutally, I use nod32 with lots of success, until now it detected all the viruses that tried to infiltrate my computer and with the help of windows firewall and windows defender I am clean as a baby, or at least my computer is!

7. resumes said on February 9th, 2011 at 3:26 am

Yes, Norton is definitely cool antivirus system! And our computers can catch viruses vey fast and easy!

8. semmy @ Make Money Online said on February 9th, 2011 at 6:41 am

ah I think I’ll bookmark Schrock. I want to used this service. some of my laptop i think got a malware and need to clear up

9. Maximilien said on February 10th, 2011 at 1:12 pm

Yeah I agree with you all, the problem is that most of the people arent aware of all that risks, it’s really a shame for them. That’s why it’s really important to be updated with the latest antivirus, firewall and malware protection.

10. Maximilien said on February 10th, 2011 at 3:42 pm

It’s kind of expensive for me, I only use AVG with the latest updates, is it ok?

11. Small Business Telephone said on February 11th, 2011 at 11:47 am

I’ve had good results from Norton 360 as well, although it took a bit of getting used to. In the beginning I felt as though it had “taken over” my PC with updated desktop icons and all, however, it’s very comprehensive. Unfortunately, the days of staying out of certain types of sites to stay out of trouble no longer applies…there’s now malware on a large percentage of front page SERP’s.

12. lighting said on February 13th, 2011 at 9:53 pm

yes,the Norton 360 offers the industry’s most comprehensive, all-in-one protection against digital dangers. It guards against online threats, automatically backs up important files, and keeps your PC running at peak performance.

13. payday uk said on February 15th, 2011 at 9:06 pm

I am having lots of problems with Norton. It uses a lot of RAM and blocks a lot of valid scripts. Personally I am a fan of AVG.

14. GTA 5 said on February 16th, 2011 at 5:54 am

@payday I agree with you, I find it uses too much RAM and it sometimes blocked my computer. I had it before but now I also use AVG and I dont have problems anymore.

15. GTA 5 said on February 16th, 2011 at 5:55 am

Besides I find it’s kind of expensive… I know AVG or Avast are almost as well as paying Antivirus like Norton or Bitdefender, so I prefer to use a free protection.

16. cheap college textbooks said on February 21st, 2011 at 4:04 pm

This sounds a bit too much to be true. And for them to release something like that and then say that a certain product is the only way to cover yourself and be safe seems a bit too planned out to be believable.

17. tickets pakistan said on March 7th, 2011 at 2:25 pm

i have used norton in the past but im not having much luck with it as it takes up alot of memory, AVG at present is the best i would say, theres alot of other free virus protection softwares out there aswell.

18. college textbooks said on March 10th, 2011 at 6:16 pm

This sounds a little out there. I am not quite sure this could be real. The other programs must have updated.