KOLN/KGIN News Features Thor Schrock to Demonstrate the iPad

• Written on: April 9th, 2010

This morning I was a guest on the Channel 10/11 News morning show.  We did two, three minute segments.  You can watch the complete interview about the iPad below.

We hit on some of the high points of the device, talked about its limitations, and whether or not it is a “must have” for students in school right now.

1. Car Battery said on April 10th, 2010 at 1:10 am

It’s a really cool tech toy but highly over-rated if you ask me. You were great on the show Thor. Very well spoken and came out looking really smart. I tell you though… I don’t foresee the iPad being used in schools, especially considering how most schools are very anti technology. Example, they don’t allow students to use cell phones during class etc. And this thing in their hands could really allow them to go in off tangents.

Just saying…

2. Thor said on April 10th, 2010 at 9:09 pm

Maybe, but if they don’t give the kids wifi access and lock them down so only text books are on them could be a long-run money saver.

3. Nicole Price said on April 10th, 2010 at 7:25 am

My compliments on a very well handled interview.

4. Net Age | Web Development said on April 11th, 2010 at 11:10 pm

I like your idea of locking them down and only giving access to text books, it will definitely save loads of trees in years to come! Only issue is that kids will be kids, and guaranteed they’ll hack the iPads in double quick time. You know how it works 😉

5. Car Battery said on April 12th, 2010 at 3:37 am

That’s a great point Thor, if they are able to do that, then yes for sure I could see it being a super useful tool for schools. I would also say that perhaps to ensure the safety of the device, if something goes wrong with the device it is at the student’s expense. If it breaks or something like that, non software issue off-course 😉

6. Holitemple said on April 12th, 2010 at 9:01 pm

Wow!it is really gorges video with have a nice info….

7. Genite said on April 13th, 2010 at 7:22 am

Good to see you. nice discussion, i like it.

8. Laptop Attache said on April 13th, 2010 at 2:10 pm

Congrats on getting that great tv exposure. I doubt ipads will be a part of the classroom anytime soon. Education budgets are already limited as it is. I don’t see any schools being able to afford to buy a device like this for every student. Perhaps private schools would have a use for them though.

9. used tires said on April 14th, 2010 at 2:17 am

Nice job on the show. I’ve been contemplating getting an iPad lately but I just don’t have any use for one. I love my iPhone but the two products are the same except one is 3x the size of the other. The problem is they didn’t put any new features in to the iPad. I’m crossing my fingers that a new iPhone comes out this year with some drastic changes to both the hardware and the OS.

Till then,

Jean

10. business it solutions said on April 14th, 2010 at 3:05 am

Its just a big itouch. whats there to do on it? you can buy any other touchscreen computer 4 a whole lot less!! all you losers who just bought it cuz it just came out are gonna want your $1000 bucks.

11. taoist meditation said on April 16th, 2010 at 2:58 am

Several things about the app caught our eye and piqued our curiosity in this video demonstration, but we’re especially excited to see the application support the ability to turn a product around and look at all sides of it, navigation via natural hand gestures, a dual axis navigation system.

12. Inexpensive Laptops said on April 20th, 2010 at 3:44 pm

I can’t wait until I get my hands on the 3g version. Also waiting for the 4.0 OS. Looks pretty promising with multi-tasking.

13. sell textbook said on April 26th, 2010 at 1:48 pm

I think the IPad is neat but I would definitely wait till they get all the bugs out, 1st gens always have problems.

14. business it solutions said on April 27th, 2010 at 11:49 pm

The amount of thought that Apple has put into the interface is incredible. The Keynote video demonstrates that well, but for me the killer interface demoed is that of Numbers.

15. used tires said on May 1st, 2010 at 4:25 am

I want an SD card and USB on my tablet. I’m personally gonna try the next ASUS tablet to be released. They invented the netbook and are the leaders there. SD cards make it nice to dump camera files to computer on the fly out on the road without having to go home and sync it.

Till then,

Jean

16. how much should i weigh said on May 1st, 2010 at 11:27 am

wow amazing info bro.

17. Acai said on May 1st, 2010 at 11:27 am

Awesome interview buddy.Congratulating you on your successful job done.
    I always believe in top generation and my choice if 4th gen..

18. Net Age | Web Development said on May 5th, 2010 at 6:58 am

The iPad is what it is, and a million units sold within the first month makes for compelling sales figures. Personally I’ll wait for the second generation, but do foresee having one at some stage of the fight.

What I would like to know is how you’re getting TV spots like this Thor. It is really good marketing and building of your personal brand. What a way to establish your authority!

19. payday uk said on May 10th, 2010 at 1:19 pm

Good to get some honest reviews on the device.. I was planning on purchasing one too..

20. JGB
    JGB said on May 10th, 2010 at 3:52 pm

Good video. Thanks, I still have not bought one, but I appreciate the review.

21. Moorpark Real Estate said on May 18th, 2010 at 5:34 am

Very nice video and the way you handled interview is awesome.
    Keep on updating like that with few more good videos.

22. Dena Tasarim said on May 19th, 2010 at 9:51 am

Nice vid Thor! I think i’ma buy an iPad 😉

23. çizgi film seyret said on June 6th, 2010 at 6:49 am

Good to see you. nice discussion, i like it.

24. Nokia said on July 12th, 2010 at 11:16 pm

It is really a nice video with have good suggestion………

25. hedge plants said on November 6th, 2010 at 4:39 am

The story was picked up by The Associated Press and sent to media outlets around the world.