Six Essential Microsoft Updates Releasing Today – All Windows & Office Users Impacted

• Written on: December 8th, 2009

windows_logoMicrosoft is releasing six new updates today that will impact all Windows users in some way.

The updates, scheduled to be automatically downloaded and installed tonight on most Windows systems, patch severe security issues in Internet Explorer 7, Internet Explorer 8, and Microsoft Office.  Because of the Internet Explorer 7 component, just about every Windows System made after 2001 will be impacted.

This set of updates will address a critical security flaw that could allow users to take control of your computer, so it is important you get these installed.

If your computer is having trouble installing updates for any reason, contact us in Lincoln or Omaha, or seek the assistance of a technician who can get them installed before your computer is infected.

1. Jacques | Web Development said on December 8th, 2009 at 1:36 pm

Internet Explorer is not a browser I use or recommend to anybody, and yet again this is proving to be a wise decision. I also use OpenOffice, so if I’m not running IE or Office, will I be OK?

2. Thor said on December 8th, 2009 at 4:19 pm

I understand your feelings on IE. You will be safe from the office problems, but all Windows computers are running Internet Explorer whether you use the browser or not. Its an integrated part of the Operating System.

3. Genie said on December 8th, 2009 at 7:18 pm

Thanks for the heads up.. I did find some updates installed two days back.. how do i check whether they were the same ones?

4. turkish food said on December 9th, 2009 at 5:39 am

Thanks for the heads up.

5. cash back cards said on December 9th, 2009 at 1:12 pm

It’s interesting that I have not heard about this already. Though, thanks for sharing and showing this information. Why has it not be that well advertised or did I just miss it?

6. cultural festivals said on December 15th, 2009 at 9:42 pm

I have Windows XP SP3 and I have only 2.95GB after installing 11 important updates from Microsoft. I had 3.23GB before I even installed the updates. Is there a way I can stop Microsoft Updates from taking up my disk space? I did the basics to try and recover some disk space but it didn’t do anything. thanks..

7. turkish food said on December 18th, 2009 at 3:08 am

Thanks for the heads up….

8. Portable Defibrillator said on December 21st, 2009 at 6:20 am

I did find some updates installed two days back.

9. Antalya nakliyat said on December 31st, 2009 at 8:20 am

Why did u so that? Can u explain it for me please. Im waiting email. thanks.

10. amazing architecture said on January 4th, 2010 at 2:18 am

New systems are always filled with bugs and security holes and that is normal thing. But there is no need to be troubled – hackers must also explore those bugs to use them.

11. emergency cash said on January 8th, 2010 at 8:30 am

I always wondered why Microsoft sends out product that allows hackers to take over your system and then come out later and say they have something to fix the problem. Thanks for this notice.

12. taoist meditation said on February 12th, 2010 at 4:20 am

Microsoft is a number one company in all world for programing .

13. Fahad (Make|Money|Adsense) said on February 19th, 2010 at 2:52 am

thanks for update i have reinstall my windows about 3 days ago, i will download these updates soon. thanks.

14. sağlık haberleri said on August 1st, 2010 at 1:05 pm

It’s interesting that I have not heard about this already. 😉