Corporate Acquisition Group Issues Valuation Refund

• Written on: April 6th, 2009

Over the past two months I have made some posts talking about Ty Tymkovich and Corporate Acquisitions Group. Corporate Acquisitions Group finds investors for businesses and I listed one of my companies with him just over a year ago.

Corporate Acquisitions Group has a simple service guarantee: If they don’t introduce you to a qualified investor within one year, you get the cost of your valuation back. My valuation was about $7,500 and I am happy to report that Ty and his company stand behind their guarantee. My valuation refund will be mailed Monday morning and I should have it no later than Wednesday.

UPDATE 7/16/09:  Ty only sent me 1/2 of what he owed me.  Two subsequent deadlines for the second half payment were missed.  I have been contacted by two individuals who won binding arbitration agreements against Ty, but still have not received their money.  I also received a copy of a document that revoked Ty’s brokers license and requires the payment of a $6,500 fine to have it reinstated.  Given the past history of failure to pay myself as well as others, as well as the fact that Ty is no longer licensed as a broker, I removed my business listings with Corporate Acquisitions Group as of 7/14/2009.

I am leaving my listing with Corporate Acquisitions Group because I believe that as the economy improves, Ty and his team are the people I want brokering my business.

You should know that I have contacted every single person who has posted a comment on my blog with something nasty to say about Ty or his company.  I asked all of them to provide me a copy of a letter, an email, even notes from a phone call to document their claims.  Not a single person did.

It has also been popular to try and associate Ty with a group of people who are under an investigation by the Secret Service for perpetrating some kind of fraud with a service guarantee that is similar to the one Ty offers.  I can now report to you from PERSONAL EXPERIENCE that Ty is an honest businessman and there is no credible connection between him and these other people that always seem to come up in the comments section.

If anything more develops, I will keep you posted.  Also from this point I *will be comment scrubbing on this post*

1. leecogg
    leecogg said on April 8th, 2009 at 2:47 pm

So it is Wednesday, did u get that check or is it still in the mail. You do realize the reason you get it, if you do is because you have a platform to bring attention to Ty that he does not want. He is a crook but he is not that stupid, why don’t you let some of the legit business owners start a forum through you and ask Ty why you got a check but about 100 others are getting refusal/denial letters! Bottom line is you are a rare exception to the rule if you do get your refund, and the check actually clears! Count your blessings on that, because it is not the norm from Ty, great you can say he did not screw you, how many others have a web site like this and a radio program? Not to many there captain. Well I also see you did not put my last post up with the Secret Service contact info so my question is, what is your relationship with Ty, realy?

2. Alfred said on April 26th, 2009 at 3:49 pm

If they guarantee a return within a giving time frame, just caculate if that amount of time is right for you. But more importantly, they will help you and they so sure they, they will refund you the money.

Way to go.

3. james
    james said on May 4th, 2009 at 11:50 pm

ty dosent seem very pleased about mentioning your name,did you settle for a partial payment? if so .did you get it?

4. steve
    steve said on July 15th, 2009 at 7:14 pm

hey thor, i am wondering about the amount you supposedly recieved. when i was in court with ty, i asked him personally if he had refunded your money and at first his comment was he did not know you, after repeated questioning he finally aknowledged he knew you and that he paid you only half of what he owed you. after admitting to the court, he owed my company the money promised, he entered into a legal arbritration agreement which he signed in court, which he has currently defaulted on. i dont know why you would stick up for this criminal. makes me wonder if you are just another one of his scams.

5. Thor said on July 16th, 2009 at 8:03 am

Thanks for the post Steve. I was a victim in this too. I updated the post above to reflect the current situation. Anyone who has additional information about their experiences to date, please post it here so others can reference it in future actions.

6. steve
    steve said on July 16th, 2009 at 8:16 pm

well done thor, looks like your in the boat with the rest of us. i am continuing down the legal road, so i hope you will finally get your refund someday as well. i still have not received the amount owed to me. i have to respect people like yourself who, when a mistake is made are the first ones to say “i made a mistake”. thanks for that. peace out, and good luck in your future ventures.

7. james
    james said on July 23rd, 2009 at 5:06 pm

At least you guys actually received letters and sounds like you had phone calls with Ty. I sent him certified letters for my refund, no response, emailed him, nothing, left voice mails, nothing. About 3-4 months after the 1 year listing was up and I couldn’t make any progress on a refund, the “Project Manager” who had been in charge of my sale, called me to tell me she had been terminated. She wanted a letter of reference. I had NEVER met this person, figured it was another scam to get me to write something positive about CAG. It has now been over 6 moths since I should have got a refund. I just chalk this up to lesson learned and am thankful the 5K he owes me doesn’t make or break me. Legal action would be a little difficult, I’m in Texas and he’s in Colorado. I would be interested if anyone decides to try and persue a class action. Sounds like enough people have been burned.

8. Joey Jo Jo
    Joey Jo Jo said on July 24th, 2009 at 11:43 am

Tyrone Edward Tymkovich is currently under investigation by the DA of Denver County. Please feel free to contact their office with any + all information regarding Ty + CAG/GAG’s criminal history. Ty is also trying to reanimate his valuation scam company as “Global Acquisitions Group”, and is now using the alias “Ben Parker” to conduct “business”.

The Denver District Attorney’s Office:

Second Judicial District
    201 W. Colfax Avenue
    Denver, Colorado 80202
    email address is: info(at)denverda.org

9. BT
    BT said on July 27th, 2009 at 4:36 pm

Actually, it is the Colorado Attorney General’s office that is investigating Mr. Tymkovich. Anyone who feels they have been scammed Corporate Acquisitions Group or Global Acquisitions Group should contact Jay Simonson at the Colorado Attorney General’s office: (303)866-4500

10. Thor said on July 27th, 2009 at 5:17 pm

Update:

http://tytymkovich.com/ has been launched

11. […] refund a $7,500 business valuation fee to me in March.  After much delay, I received a check for half of what he owed me, and finally an email saying I would not get any more money because he didn’t have […]