Is 12Seconds.tv Twitter for Video? Alpha Invites Available Here

• Written on: July 27th, 2008

Shoemoney wrote a post about a new video service in Alpha called 12seconds.tv. Users go to the site and create 12-second videos about what they are doing at the moment.

Very short updates combined with high frequency and social community makes this service a heck of a lot like Twitter for video. They are tightly controlling the number of users as they load test their servers and as a result, the Alpha is invitation-only right now.

Add me as a 12Seconds Friend

I sent some emails to bloggers asking for an invite before I contacted Dave Speiser with Stage Two Consulting. Dave is heading up the marketing for 12Seconds and judging by the stories on TechCrunch, and the LA Times I should have hired him to promote Top Affiliate Challenge!

Dave got me an invite in oh, about 12 seconds, as well as the promise of a LOT more invites for the session I am speaking at during the Media Breakaway Conference in mid-August. If you want an invite drop a comment and I will get you one.

1. the Story Lady said on July 28th, 2008 at 12:23 am

Hey I’d love one. have some fun ideas already.

Thanks!

Ronda

2. Paul u said on July 28th, 2008 at 12:30 pm

I don’t understand why should we need some invitation just to create a short video for them. We could just create a video then upload it to youtube. This way we could create a longer video and get some good traffic in the process.

3. Logan
    Logan said on July 28th, 2008 at 1:17 pm

I did enter my email on their site, but I believe I missed the initial offering of alpha invites. I’d appreciate if you could hook me up with one via Dave. Thanks!!

4. Thor Schrock said on July 28th, 2008 at 5:07 pm

@Ronda

Invitation sent! Enjoy!

5. Thor Schrock said on July 28th, 2008 at 5:08 pm

@Paul

I see what you are saying and that was my initial reaction. But YouTube is just not designed for rapid-response posting. They do have a lot of social networking components and you COULD post a short video, but these videos play in a time line unlike YouTube.

6. Thor Schrock said on July 28th, 2008 at 5:09 pm

@Logan

I had the same experience at first. I have sent you an invite as well. Thanks for visiting and have fun!

7. Wes Wyatt said on July 30th, 2008 at 1:06 am

Thanks for the invite my friend! I added you to my friends on there – and will be creating videos here soon!

8. Thor Schrock said on July 30th, 2008 at 3:52 pm