Brads PC Repair Closes Doors

• Written on: June 18th, 2008

**Update** 4-6-09

I talked with Brad and Brad’s PC Repair is open for business.  Brad is a good guy and stands behind his work and his promises.

We have received some calls lately from customers from Brad’s PC Repair.  Brad has moved on to another company and we wish him nothing but the best.

We had reported sightings of his company vehicle outside of another local computer repair shop, but his site confirms that he has folded and taken  his expertise elsewhere.

We wish you nothing but the best brad!  (And why didn’t we get a resume???)

1. Tom
    Tom said on June 18th, 2008 at 9:27 pm

I assume the PC repair business is a dying breed. Most computers are under warranty and “The Geeks” and “Geeksquad” probably have the market cornered. I know that you have moved to building custom PC and online ventures. Do you think PC repair is becoming a thing of the past yourself?

2. Thor Schrock said on June 19th, 2008 at 7:37 am

The only thing keeping computer repair from going the way of TV repair is the data on the drives. People can replace hardware, but not family photos and documents.

3. Tom
    Tom said on June 19th, 2008 at 9:21 am

Ahhh makes perfect sense. People are probably afraid to go to specialized data recovery centers because they fear the cost of such a service. “Computer Repair” is probably more approachable and it does a better job of speaking your client’s language.

4. Linda
    Linda said on March 21st, 2009 at 3:13 pm

My son is thinking about becoming a computer repair tech. As a career I think he should get other training because I don’t think the field is lucrative enough. I just bought a laptop from Best Buy for $350 which included a Kodak All In One for $40. My first desktop cost me $2600 twenty years ago. I wanted my data from an old computer, so I just removed the hard drive. Any advice for him?

5. Thor said on March 21st, 2009 at 9:39 pm

Thanks for stopping by Linda. People will always need their technology, and that means they will always need someone to keep it working properly.

Its true that hardware prices have become more like a commodity in past years, but the world is still going to need to have people who can keep that technology working.

I would encourage him to also look into coding and programming. The ability to design systems that use technology is something that will always be in demand.

6. Brad Coughlin
    Brad Coughlin said on April 6th, 2009 at 2:38 am

Just for the record, I’m still running Brad’s PC Repair, but on a more limited basis. The primary reason why I went to work for another company was that I was simply wanting to expand my knowledge. I’m always interested in learning new things! I really enjoy fixing PC’s, but I have skills in other computer-related areas as well.