Google’s Memorial Day Logo!

• Written on: May 26th, 2008

Google Memorial Day LogoAfter all of the bad publicity Google received last year for not doing some kind of special logo for Memorial Day, you would have figured they might have done something nice this year. I guess I was wrong.

Once again this year, Google gives the shaft to the veterans who fought and died to establish the very principles upon which their business is founded.

Rather than just griping about it again this year I decided to do something that Google was unwilling to do. I slapped a job up on Rent-a-Coder (I would NOT recommend using them EVER EVER EVER Again – rant coming on that one tomorrow) and one hour later I had an awesome Google logo.

A great graphic artist from the UK whipped it out for me and I loved it. So for all of America’s fallen heroes and the familes who suffered though their sacrifice, I salute you – even if Google doesn’t.

Digg This on Digg.com

1. American Veteran
    American Veteran said on May 26th, 2008 at 9:13 pm

This is awesome! Thank you for taking the time and spending the money to do what Google should have anyway. I subscribed to your feed and dugg the article as well. I’m looking forward to reading your posts in the future

2. Wes Wyatt said on May 26th, 2008 at 9:17 pm

Very cool!

3. Christine Senter said on May 26th, 2008 at 9:20 pm

I wanted to thank you for your cool Google banner. My dad was a veteran, and I’m very proud of what he did for our country. Google may have dropped the ball again this year, but I think the Google banner you made is much better than anything they could have done anyway.

It may not mean much, but on behalf of all the men in my family who have put their lives on the line for our country, thank you.

4. juliemarg said on May 26th, 2008 at 10:14 pm

that is the nicest google logo I’ve ever seen!

5. John Stame said on May 27th, 2008 at 10:11 am

Awesome! Good for you! I share your feelings. I did not go create a logo, but have commented on as well.

6. Dave
    Dave said on May 27th, 2008 at 1:39 pm

This logo is at least a year old. You got ripped off.

7. Garry Conn said on May 28th, 2008 at 12:15 am

That is odd… Google recognizes all kinds of holidays that I don’t even know about… why not this one?

8. Garry Conn said on May 28th, 2008 at 3:28 pm

Thor paid for a used graphic? Man that sucks even more…

9. DSR
    DSR said on May 29th, 2008 at 12:46 pm

When do we get to see the rant for Rent-a-Coder? *grin*

10. […] the Memorial Day holiday has slowed down a few sponsorship deals we have been pursuing,  we still plan on having […]