Top Affiliate Challenge Moving Right Along!

• Written on: February 16th, 2008

I have had a ton on my plate the past few days which has left me with little time to keep you all in the loop with what is going on.

The past week or so has been a whirlwind of conferences, new faces, audition videos, press interviews, and then sickness.

Kim Jake and I touched down in Orlando last Sunday for JV Alert Live where we managed to audition 1/5 of the people in attendance for Top Affiliate Challenge. In fact, some of the people who auditioned were so funny that we were able to make a pretty cool blooper reel. Check it our below:

We touched down back in Nebraska on Monday at midnight after a 5 hour delay in St. Louis. We all caught some sleep and evidently something else too.

When we woke up my wife had the flu and strep at the same time, and I was feeling like death warmed over. I tried to go to work at Schrock Innovations that day, but ended up shivering at my desk wearing a winter coat in a 72 degree room while I did my best to catch up on over 400 emails.

Wednesday we were both down for the count, so we stayed home to tag team on my son who suddenly decided it would be cool to wake up three times a night for an hour at a time.

Thursday I had the first day of live auditions at Nebraska Bookstore, so I put on my best happy face and went to work. We ended up getting a ton of local media coverage and some awesome people turned out to audition.

By this time I was so backed up on emails and phone calls that it was starting to bother me. But Friday was day 2, so I had to do it all over again. By this time my wife was at the doctor getting meds because her voice was gone and she was hurting all over.

The end of the day Friday I was driving home from a second successful day of auditions and my voice started to go out.

And of course, I have a radio show in about an hour and a half. I’ll muster some kind of voice for it, but afterwords I will probably be spent!

1. The Story Lady said on February 17th, 2008 at 12:09 pm

Wow Thor – sorry you and your wife got sick. It was so fun meeting both of you at JV Alert Live.

And let me tell you something – normally I’m not in for reality shows, but I had a BLAST auditioning for Top Affiliate Challenge, and so did my DOG!

(when you watch the video above, you’ll see both of us.)
    I mean – when else has a blind person auditioned for an internet reality show? I’ll be promoting the Top Affiliate Challenge all over, so look out!

Ronda and Miss Molly FlagTail the dog

2. Thor Schrock said on February 17th, 2008 at 12:17 pm

You were awesome Ronda! It was a blast getting to know you. wouldn’t it be embarrasing if your dog beats you though? If Molly gets more votes she would get on the show!

3. Srini Saripalli said on February 17th, 2008 at 1:31 pm

Hi Thor,

It was great meeting at JVAlertLive. Top Affiliate Challenge is a great concept. Best of luck and I wish you all the success.

Srini Saripalli
    “Success Engineer”

4. Pat Marcello said on February 17th, 2008 at 2:31 pm

Hey Thor,

I couldn’t believe that you dragged me (literally) into the auditions for Top Affiliate Challenge. LOL You really have a, shall we say, “persuasive” personality. I enjoy your enthusiasm very much.

And you know, it’s catchy. The more I think about this idea, the more fun it seems and the more I want to do it.

Vote for me, people! 🙂

It’s gonna be hard beating that dog.

(Hi, Rhonda!)

You rock, Thor. Thanks for shaking me up and pulling me outside my comfort zone. We all need that sometimes.

–Pat

5. Sen. Tony Fulton said on February 17th, 2008 at 3:47 pm

Thor,
    I have seen media coverage of the Top Affiliate Challenge show that you are bringing to Lincoln. I look forward to hearing more about it and wish you the best of luck. You do a great job for Lincoln and our local economy…when you make it to Hollywood you be sure not to forget us little people here!!
    Kindly,
    Tony Fulton

6. Miss Molly Flagtail said on February 17th, 2008 at 4:53 pm

Woof!!!
    I had FUN! I better get LOTS of votes!

Miss Molly FlagTail

7. Internet entrepreneur said on February 17th, 2008 at 6:07 pm

I got a few chuckles out of the video of bloopers, good stuff! Keep up the good work Thor!

8. Mary Grace said on February 17th, 2008 at 6:13 pm

Thor,
    You are awesome! I never suspected that I would ever be on an audition for an internet reality show but you made it so easy. Catching me just as I was about to leave at the end of the JV Alert was certainly synchronistic and I had to be totally off the cuff. What an experience and now to be chosen to be on the “bloopers” has certainly given me a morale boost to advertise my upcoming book, The Wounded Chalice , which will be ready for a Mother’s Day Launch. My debut on YouTube coincides with my 70th birthday and my first blog on http://www.thewoundedchalice.com. It is a triple header and I so look forward to working with you and the other contestants. You are a remarkable guy as well as a fantastic moderator.
    Love and Light,
    Mary Grace

9. Wes Wyatt said on February 17th, 2008 at 6:16 pm

Thor –

It’s been an absolute blast watching you put together the Top Affiliate Challenge!

You’ve put A LOT of thinking into all of this!

I wish you the absolute best of luck and success with it!

Have a DYNAMITE day!

Wes

10. Alisande Chan said on February 17th, 2008 at 8:08 pm

Hi Thor:

Watched your JV Alert Audition bloopers, what a hoot! Auditioning for your show brought back memories about the excitement I had in auditioning for The Next Internet Millionaire.

I have to admit I could not resist your Powers Of Persuasion when you were at JV Alert encouraging many of us to audition.

To everyone, Thor’s experience being a contestant on a reality show, his general megawatt energy, and power to persuade is going to lead this show to success.

He has been going FULL STEAM AHEAD ever since coming from TNIM and I see no signs of him stopping!!

I am looking forward to Top Affiliate Challenge being as equally entertaining and educational, and with a different angle than TNIM, for the future contestants and viewers.

Cheers,
    Alisande

11. Cheri Sigmon said on February 19th, 2008 at 2:54 am

Thor,

I cannot wait to see how this evolves…

Cool idea.