**Political Post** John McCain is an Arrogant Man

• Written on: February 6th, 2008

**NOTICE** This post has nothing to do with technology, Top Affiliate Challenge, or online marketing. In fact, it is a political statement. If you don’t like that stuff, excuse me on this one.

I am a Mitt Romney supporter because I feel he is the best person to lead our country forward as President of the United States. As my wife and I watched the Super Tuesday votes roll in last night we were saddened to see John McCain winning a majority of the delegates.

For those of you who don’t follow politics, McCain swiped a win away from Romney in West Virginia when he instructed his supporters to back Huckabee when it became apparent he was not going to win that state’s caucus. All is fair in love, war, and politics, but that single, needless act of sabotage reminded me what kind of man John McCain has become as he has served in the Senate.

I decided to take a trip over to the McCain website and blog to see what was going on. Here was the VERY FIRST comment on the latest post:

TO ALL MCCAIN DETRACTORS AND NEW ARRIVALS HERE,

We all know that there is a concerted effort by the Sean Hannitys and Rush Limbaughs in the media to exhort you to come to this site in hopes of peeling off some of McCain’s support in hopes of reversing the tide and getting Flip-flopping Phony Romney chosen as the Republican nominee. It is too late. The wave is cresting and will wash over the land of America. When it recedes, it will take away with it the bitter, divisive partisan politics that has resulted in gridlock and stagnation in our government.

I want all of you self-described “true conservative Republicans” to realize that your efforts will be fruitless. And you are for more likely to change your position and join us McCain supporters, just as the majority have in Florida. When you do, we will forgive your errant past and unkind remarks, and welcome you into the fold. You are “true” Americans, too. I look forward to the day four years from now when some of you critics of Senator McCain call me on the phone and ask for my help in getting him re-elected. And though perhaps I shouldn’t, I will tell you, “I told you so!”

I was shocked by the arrogance, condecention, and most of all the tone of that comment, which appears to be posted by someone associated with the McCain campaign.

On the flip side, watch Mitt Romney’s speech to his supporters last night as he faced what could be best described as a tough night:

When I compare John McCain’s arrogance with Mitt Romney’s Reaganesque speech, there is no doubt in my mind who will be better for America from the Republican side of the equation in 2008.

For the first time ever, I have opened my wallet for a presidential candidate.

I am not going to try and tell you how to cast your vote, but I will remind you that your vote does matter and there is a real difference between Mitt Romney and John McCain. If Mitt has a shot at winning the Republican nomination, he needs to go on an unprecedented delegate run in the remaining states. That does not happen with out some amazing help and support.

If anyone from the Romney campaign reads this, tell Mitt Romney that he must fight on for those who believe in him, his ideas, and his ideals.

Oh, and congrats to Ron Paul supporters for the 14 delegates.

1. Brent said on February 6th, 2008 at 9:31 am

I’m with you Thor – I am backing Romney. McCain is almost a democrat in disguise. When asked about his record, all he can say is that he has a string conservative record. Yet he never points to real conservative action within his record.

I’m with Rush when he said the other day that he’d rather have the Dems take the hit for the next 4 years , than have McCain in there doing the same thing as the Dems would and have us take the hit for it.

2. Matt
    Matt said on February 6th, 2008 at 10:26 am

A bit ridiculous you’re calling McCain an arrogant man based on a blog post by someone else, regardless of their affiliation to McCain. If that was McCains victory speech then yes its arrogant… a post by a follower of his… not so much.

3. Adam
    Adam said on February 6th, 2008 at 12:33 pm

checking his wiki page, he was born in the panama canal zone. is he even eligible?

4. JJ Parks said on February 7th, 2008 at 1:37 am

I have to say Thor, I respect your views a lot (I just found you after watching the complete “Next Internet Millionaire” show). As a Democrat, I’m obviously not voting for Romney but I will totally agree with you that John McCain comes off as extremely arrogant. I used to have a lot of respect for him, but lately he’s really gone off the deep end in a lot of ways. I view it as a form of desperation because in honesty this is probably (realistically) his last chance of running. It’ll be an extremely interesting race no matter who gets the nod on the Republican side. I can’t remember an election being this competitive in a LONG time.

5. Homemom3 said on February 7th, 2008 at 10:35 pm

Thor- this is totally off topic but I wanted to let ya know my package (my secret classroom win) came today. Wow, there are so many discs (DVDs) in it. I was thinking it was a dvd and that was it. Can’t wait to get started. Thanks again!

6. annie
    annie said on February 10th, 2008 at 10:59 am

regardless of who wins, we are in for a hell of a ride for at least the next 4 years, so hang on to your bootstraps. I see the candadates in the running as moderate to extremely liberal. I must have been born in the wrong century to be as conservative as I am.

7. ZacK Martineau
    ZacK Martineau said on February 13th, 2008 at 4:13 pm

Wouldn’t it be cool if we had a president with the name, “Thor”! 😀
    He could go to UN meetings and peace talks, and such, carrying a BIG hammer. The helmet and breast plate maybe a bit much, but his motto could be, “Speak softly, but carry a big Hammer.”
    Anyways, all joking aside, I voted for Mitt Romney. I honestly don’t know how McCain is doing so well in the polls. :-s

8. Ron Paul 2012 said on May 2nd, 2011 at 11:16 am

This was indeed a senseless act on McCain’s part.

9. […] 21st, 2008 · Be the First to Comment I guess you make one political post on your blog and suddenly the Google AdSense bot pegs you as a political […]