I’m Getting Old

• Written on: January 2nd, 2008

I just turned 31 last November, and while that is certainly not an elderly age, some of life’s wear and tear is starting to show on my body.

The latest example is the vision in my right eye. I was having trouble reading street signs at night unless I closed my right eye. I went in to have my eyes checked, and they found my right eye was a bit off.

I am going to be spending a LOT of time in front of a computer screen this week, and the last thing I need is a headache from my eyes. I went to my local WalMart Vision Center and spent some time scoping out some new specs. I bought a pair, but which one do you think it was?

glasses1.jpg glasses2.jpg

glasses3.jpg glasses4.jpg

glasses5.jpg glasses6.jpg

glasses7.jpg glasses8.jpg

glasses9.jpg glasses10.jpg

glasses11.jpg

1. Jean Costa said on January 2nd, 2008 at 8:35 am

It was

2. Jean Costa said on January 2nd, 2008 at 8:36 am

humm that html code did not work.

3. Garry Conn said on January 2nd, 2008 at 5:14 pm

that is pretty cool. Was a licensed optician and worked in the eyecare business for over 10 years. In the upon coming years, you may need bifocals old man. 🙂

4. Zath said on January 2nd, 2008 at 5:14 pm

Uh oh, that means I got old the age of 12!!!

Shame you didn’t try a Heroes themed pair of horn-rimmed glasses. 😉

5. Zath said on January 2nd, 2008 at 5:16 pm

Does that also apply to me or does the age short-sightedness starts have an effect?

6. Tish said on January 2nd, 2008 at 9:03 pm

I really like the glasses in the second photo. Suits you very well!

7. Thor Schrock said on January 3rd, 2008 at 10:16 am

I really like the glasses in the second photo. Suits you very well!

LOL, those are the ones I picked!

8. Johnny Jack Patterson said on January 9th, 2008 at 12:11 pm

I figured that would be the pair you picked. I equate turning 30…(for you 31) which will happen in a couple of months for me, to this:

It is like going from being the wolf on the prowl… to be a bear in the winter.

It just isn’t as easy to get up in the morning… and you have all this winter weight… or at least that is what you call it. Somehow that line just isn’t as believable on the 4th of July.

If you can have xmas in July, why not winter weight in July. LOL

It’s funny. In college I could be out all night drinking, get totally plastered, pass out at 4 or 5 AM… and then be right back up ready to go for my 8 AM class, the next morning.

Nowadays I barely touch the stuff because I know I’ll be a dead man walking the next day, if I do. And believe me… Getting up at 8 AM after a night like that these days would take something short of a miracle. Or someone dumping a bucket of ice cold water on me. God help the person that ever does that.

Oh. And all of those glasses. It is sad, but have known at least one person along the course of my life that has worn the exact pairs you were making fun of.

Anywho… funny pictures.