Exactly What is a PC Maintenance Checkup?
- Comments: 4
- Written on: April 10th, 2007
Everyone knows that computers need maintenance to continue working properly over time. The problem is that many people either don’t have the time or the technical knowledge to properly maintain their computers.
During the Maintenance Checkup, Schrock Innovations does all of the basic maintenance tasks that every computer user should be doing like defragging and scanning their hard drives, downloading Windows Updates, and removing unnecessary files from the hard drive (Vista users be careful with disk cleanup).
But in addition to the standard maintenance tasks, we also do some additional work that most home users do not have the capacity or desire to do. For example, during the Maintenance Checkup Schrock Innovations:
- Scans your computer’s memory (Vital for Vista users)
- Blows dust and debris out of cooling fans
- Checks fan rotation speeds and cooling effectiveness
- Ensures your installed Antivirus is effective and updated
- Test all drives
- Checks hard drive for masked bad sectors
- Cleans computer exterior if needed
- Repairs errors in the Windows Registry
- Performs an advanced hard drive cleaning
- Installs critical system support software
- Scans for and removes malware
- Scans for viruses and Trojans
The Maintenance Checkup costs $69.99 and typically takes a day to two days to complete in our Lincoln or Omaha Service Centers.
- If you liked this post, subscribe to my feed!
- Comments: 4