The 10 Days of Home Edition Version 2 – The All-New Real Time Scanning Engine

• Written on: February 15th, 2007

This post is the second in a 10-post series about the all-new version 2 of the Maintenance Checkup Home Edition (MCHE) computer maintenance software from Schrock Innovations. You can win a FREE 2-year subscription by simply posting a comment on any of the MCHE posts. Only one free subscription will be given away, so post multiple comments or questions with your valid email address to increase your odds of winning!

One of the single greatest improvements in the all-new version 2 of the Maintenance Checkup Home Edition (MCHE) is the addition of a real-time scanning engine.

In the 2005 version of the MCHE you had to allow your computer to become infected with malware before you could clean up the infection. Now the MCHE will detect malware the moment it attempts to activate on your computer, stop it in its tracks, and ask you what to do. You can decide whether or not to allow the malware to run on a case by case basis, or you can set the MCHE to always remove the malware without interrupting you at all. A small balloon notifies you that the MCHE protected your computer from an attempted malware infection.

You might think that monitoring your computer constantly would significantly slow your PC down, but thanks to some smart programming by our software engineers, the MCHE monitors your computer with ease.

Most security programs monitor points of entry like web browsers, email messages, instant messages, and file transfers. As more points of entry are exploited by an ever-increasing number of threats, security programs use more and more resources to monitor them.

Rather than working harder, the MCHE works smarter. By watching programs as they launch, the MCHE is able to separate the programs that could harm your computer from those that are safe. If a threatening program is detected, it can be paused, closed, and then the program and its associated files can be deleted.

A smarter real-time scanner means that the MCHE uses fewer system resources than many other security programs on the market today. More importantly, the addition of a real-time scanner in the MCHE means your personal information and privacy are safer than ever.

Check back tomorrow to learn about how version 2 of the MCHE automatically updates its program files and malware detections and gets smarter every time it removes malware from your computer.

1. James
    James said on February 15th, 2007 at 12:54 pm

Does the program just remove spyware, or does it handle viruses too?o I still need Norton?

2. And I-m a PC
    And I-m a PC said on February 15th, 2007 at 5:50 pm

But if you’re waiting for the process to run, how can they do so without first infecting your computer?

3. J-
    J- said on February 15th, 2007 at 5:52 pm

Interesting, I am looking forward to it.

4. Sandi
    Sandi said on February 15th, 2007 at 5:53 pm

Have enjoyed MCHE for the last few years. Thanks for a great product.

5. Thor Schrock said on February 15th, 2007 at 5:54 pm

The MCHE detects the infection vehicle as it tries to install its malware on your PC. By stopping the vehicle upon entry, the spyware is never activated.

6. Don
    Don said on February 15th, 2007 at 7:06 pm

Looking forward to it. Do I need to renew my Norton?

7. Thor Schrock
    Thor Schrock said on February 15th, 2007 at 7:09 pm

Yes, I would strongly recommend that you renew your Norton because at this time, the MCHE does not protect against viruses. Although we never say never 😉

8. Rose Marie
    Rose Marie said on February 15th, 2007 at 10:00 pm

I am amazed at what this product can do.

9. Jim
    Jim said on February 15th, 2007 at 10:02 pm

Very Nice product

10. Kathy
    Kathy said on February 15th, 2007 at 10:43 pm

What are your thoughts about AVG virus protection?

11. Bill Kinney
    Bill Kinney said on February 15th, 2007 at 10:44 pm

Hello Thor,
    It is my intention that this comment is for your eyes only. I have been getting the Antivermins. That’s where you get an incessant popup from the lower right corner of the screen, conning to sell the "solution" to getting rid of the very spyware that they themselves have inflicted upon you. Your MCHE could not remove it. SpyBot search and destroy failed. And also so did Adaware. I called your office to see if they could help. Upon being told that you had no solution for this yet, I got to looking around. I finally was convinced to spend $29.95 for Spyware Detector. It got rid of it on the first scan. It also removed the one that always came up when I scanned with other products, including MCHE.

I send this to you, not to be critical in any way of MCHE. It is for your information only.

By the way, I usually am very satisfied with answers and help from your Lincoln office. But the man who told me you had no solution for the Antivermins problems gave the "no" answer too quickly and with seemingly too little concern that I was having a very aggravating problem. I would have gladly explained how it was affecting me, in order that you could work on producing something that might be effective. On the contrary, Jennifer has always been quite helpful and pleasant.

I thought you could profit from these suggestions. I wish you great success with your new update of MCHE. Is it something I should continue to use, what with finding the Spyware Detector so helpful?

If you have the time, I welcome any comment you may have.

Sincerely,

Bill Kinney
    billkinney@cox.net

12. lyle
    lyle said on February 18th, 2007 at 8:45 pm

thanks for all the work that went into MCHE

13. Ken
    Ken said on February 20th, 2007 at 8:03 am

Another great aspect. Thanks!